Bachelors Degree in Media
This course provides a detailed study of the social, political, economic, historical, and artistic aspects of the mass media, along with training to develop specific skills in television production. Students will also analyse a range of media genres, and develop important practical skills in media production, communication, problem solving, group work and media organization practices. The degree is designed to help develop their skills as professional communicators. The course provides a thorough understanding of the processes of media production and the experience of a wide range of language and media used for creative and functional purposes.
The Bachelors’ Degree in Media and Television Production has a strong synergy between theory and practical skills. The emphasis of the course is to encourage students to become professional media practitioners. The course aims at developing analytical, creative and technical skills which are required by the Media Industry.
The course structure provides a sound grounding in media studies, critical analysis of theories, contextual studies, media sociology and culture as well as politics and world affairs. Professional skills imparted to students include research, writing for print television, radio and film, reporting and creative and technical skills for TV and Video production.
The students of this programme and Advanced Diploma students take the same modules during the first two years of their course. Students complete the final year of their studies in universities in UK to obtain their Bachelors’ Degree. Admission in universities is however subject to their acceptance of the candidate. WLCI offers Bachelors’ Degree students access to a variety of universities to pursue their studies in UK.
- ndustry links
- Creation of a TV-based media product
- Special practical training
- Professional case study – television organisation or broadcasting activity
- Facilities for television production
- Three-camera TV studio – Betacam SP – DVC Pro cameras
- AVID digital editing suite
- Instruction from media professionals
t builds an awareness of the content, impact and organization of the mass media. These skills are valuable in many careers, including journalism, broadcast radio and television, video production, public services, advertising, public relations and media planning.
3 Years Full Time
- 10+2/HSC in any discipline
- Portfolio to show evidence of writing skills and creative abilities such as photography or computer graphics
- 2+1 year twining programme. First two years in India and final year in the UK, subject to acceptance by the university
- Convert to Advance Diploma in India along with traineeship after first two years
- Complete all three years in the UK.
- Complete the last semester at Wigan & Leigh College, UK
- Top-up the qualification at universities in the UK, USA, Canada & Australia.
All units combine workshops, tutorials and projects and are assessed depending on the nature of the project. At the end of the semester, the units will also be assessed by time-bound assessment.