Bachelors’ Degree in Fashion Technology
Bachelors’ Degree programme has been designed with an emphasis on creative and innovative solutions for a variety of design projects.
The excellent studio spaces, well-equipped workshops and professional expertise offer an excellent opportunity to develop design and styling abilities.
The course focus on accessory design, styling and trend forecasting whilst incorporating the study of textiles and related craft skills. This gives a unique opportunity to explore a wealth of new materials and technologies in order to develop innovative responses for a range of accessories.
Sponsored projects, work placements and bursaries help to support studies and will put them into the broader context that is today’s global marketplace. Work placements are normally available in the UK and overseas and recently textile students from the department have been to Australia, South Africa, Canada, India, Japan, United States and Italy on work placement. All these exciting opportunities give a competitive edge with regard to obtaining employment.
- Industry interaction
- Creative experimentation
The university has an excellent reputation for graduate employment and many industrial contacts within the Fashion Industry. Career opportunities from this pathway include: design, styling, pattern cutting and fashion manufacture.
Employment opportunities are in the UK or overseas as Studio Designer, Company Stylist, Design Manager, Designer, Product Development Coordinator, Merchandiser, Retail Selector or Buyer.
The course is modular in nature. The emphasis is upon all facets of Fashion that exemplifies innovative fashion design concepts.
Specialisations offered are:
- Costume with Textiles
- Fashion and Textile Buying
- Fashion and Textile Management
- Fashion and Textiles Retailing
- Fashion Design (1 year top up)
- Fashion Design and Textiles
- Fashion, Media and Promotion
- Fashion with Marketing, Promotion and Manufacturing
3 Years Full Time
- 10+2/HSC in any discipline
- Portfolio preferred
- 2+1 year twining programme. First two years in India and final year in the UK, subject to acceptance by the university
- Convert to Advance Diploma in India along with traineeship after first two years
- Complete all three years in the UK.
All units combine workshops, tutorials and projects and are assessed depending on the nature of the project. At the end of the semester, the units will also be assessed by time-bound assessment.